Well what a weekend we have had here in Ohio. It has been a couple days since I last posted anything. Sorry . I am do9ing fine for now so says my DR . woohoo! that makes me happy. I have been sewing some over this wintery weekend. I have my Lattice Garden quilt blocks are all made. I have to assemble them now and then there is some rick rack that goes on it and then some leaves too. I also made a tea towel for march but not sure how to do the face on the old man with lots of wind to blow around. here is a picture of it so far.
I have a picture of my quilt top I have been sewing on too. here it is it still needs to be sewn together into the rows and borders added but it is so happy looking I really like it.The fabric are Bees Knees by Glenna Hailey at http://www.hollyhockquilts.com/ I think she has a kit or two for sale yet.
I have a sheet I am going to try to obey for the new year it is called the recipe for 2009
A Great Recipe for a peace-filled life in 2009
1. Take a 10 to 30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. Itis the ultimate anti-depressant.2.
Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,'My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issuesof the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument.Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings.You'll be smiling before you know it.
I do not know who wrote these but a friend sent to me they are great!
Have a great evening everyone
Memorial Day Weekend, 2017
4 hours ago