Monday, January 2, 2012

Well Happy New Year

Better Late than not  at all.This time went by so fast, and I had such a fun time during the month of December. Lots of sewing and parties and baking and cooking and mainly family time.
 Well I have been surfing the net and seen there is going to be some nice BOM coming up. I had set out to do the planet patchwork mystery on new years day , I just did not get to sew that day. I did manage to save all the clues so I will make it very soon.With Valentines fast approaching maybe some fabric with hearts on it would be nice for the mystery. Have any of you done the new years day mystery before?  I have participated on it several times and have always liked the end result. so maybe next year you should try  it.
I hope to stay on top of the sewing this year . So much I want to do  and I hope to get a good portion of it finished.I will be updating the blog and posting some of the blogs I follow and a few of the BOM. I am going to try to do the one with Sentimental Stitches called It Takes Two done in reds and whites should be an awesome quilt. Then there is one called Hello Sun, then the mini BOM so I am off to a good start on starting and lets see if I can stay  up with them. I will put links on here for them so come tomorrow to check them all out. I am doing a Valentine  one from the book Celebrating Quilting from Fons and Porter it is embroidery and applique a small table topper soon to get the applique done.
embroidery almost finished on it.  Well so I do not bore you to death  I will sign off for tonight and get the place straightened up for your return tomorrow. be safe and enjoy whatever you get to do
until tomorrow ------------------------
the trees are down and things packed up. Want to dress it up for just winter then Valentines and etc..

1 comment:

merrily row said...

It sounds like we will be sewing the same quilts. My strips are cut for Merry May's New Years Day mystery. Brights mostly. And it takes two, love red and white.

Not sure about the Hello Sun, you will have to post on it.