Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A New Tip or 2

Had a guild meeting on Monday evening. Mary Lou Nuzum was our speaker. She gave us tip  on our pressing and how you tend to burn your finger sometimes while doing that. Well there is a glove out that beauticians use  for when they curl hair or straighten it. It is made from a special fabric  to resist heat. I will post a photo of it. Another use for this Glove is when you are preparing the pieces for Applique if you use the starch method! Great

I bought mine at the local beauty  supply house. Called Sally's. I have yet another tip for you I get those bags you can put your wet umbrella in at the stores  and then  I store my wonder under in it. I believe it also will fit a bolt of fabric in it. So That is how I store my fusible web stuff. Pick yourself up an extra one next time you go to the grocery or Wal Mart  and use it. 
  

1 comment:

Wilma Lee said...

Good ideas Patty. Thanks!!