Tuesday, July 5, 2011

whew!

Well been a few days or weeks since I last posted here. It has been hot here in Ohio and thundery too. Had a lot of food to make and picnics to attend. I have a wedding and then a graduation party just a week ahead of that. After that I have to get ready for some important company coming to . My ladies from Scotland are coming September 1st and stay with us for 2 weeks. I love to have them !!
Oh and this coming Monday is our annual quilt guild picnic I have to have a table runner made for the challenge and then a dish to share as well. That is always a fun time for me.
I bought 4 books this past month, two are by Nancy Halverson, "Count On It" and then the "Calender and Stitchery". The other is "Scrap Basket" and one more"Strip-Smart Quilts" that requires a special ruler, so I am in for some serious sewing soon. I am going to be the host for a quilt retreat in September and need to get my block made for the pre-required sewing.
 Oldest grandson came home for the holiday . Rode his motorcycle from PA. to OH. about and 8 hour ride one way. Sure was nice to see him and he is making his way into the work force. Going to school to be a cycle repairman. I am so proud of him. He is finally becoming his own person. Way to go Bryan!!
Bryan and Mom Michelle
Hope you all have had a great holiday and now it is time to get busy again  ta ta for this time  

No comments: